How You Can Help
If you are interested in supporting our work by joining one of our committees, please contact our co-chairs Jeannie Miller and Mary Hotvedt at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are opportunities to help with children’s events, publicity, vendors outreach, program and publications, and more.
Sponsoring, Underwriting, and Ads
Southwest Festival of the Written Word (SWFWW) is Grant County’s biennial literary festival and a wonderful crowd-drawing event for our community and its businesses. We have confirmed over 30 presenters, writers from the region who represent a variety of genres. Our presentation spaces include Silver City downtown locations and our partners’ buildings, the Silver City Public Library and WNMU.
WHY SUPPORT SWFWW?
- We have a track record of success. Our 2013 and 2015 Festivals brought in 600 attendees each from a largely tri-state area. Downtown merchants and hoteliers experienced a surge in business which we predict will be as strong or stronger in 2017.
- We are enlivening the cultural scene in southwest New Mexico. The enthusiasm of the audiences at each event was tremendous. The grade- and high-school presentations were a big hit with students and teachers.
- We are building on the winning combination of good partnership, organization, and publicity that worked so well in the past.
- Our sponsorship grows with each festival! In 2015 we partnered with WNMU, the NM Humanities Council, the NM Tourism Department, Silver City Lodger’s Tax, and the Arts and Cultural District of Silver City, and many fine citizens and businesses.
All events are free and open to the public. To fulfill our mission of connecting those who create with those who enjoy literature, we keep the Festival presentations free. To do so, we come to you to work with us.
Here’s how you can help:
- Sponsor an author at a presentation.
- Underwrite our hospitality plan for our authors and presenters (includes coffee, snacks, and lunches)
- Become a major partner-sponsor. Your logo will be part of the festival publications, including the festival program.Your tax-deductible sponsorship will be displayed at the presentation and in our program. Our 501c3 status is through the Grant County Community Foundation and documentation is available.
- Take an ad in our program.
To sponsor, underwrite, or advertise with us, please complete this form: ad-sponsor form (PDF, 198KB) and send it to us at
PO Box 1767
Silver City, NM 88062
Please help us with creating, once again, a premier literary Festival that will benefit our community in cultural enrichment and increased tourism.
Paul Hotvedt, 2017 SWFWW Project Manager
Jeannie A. Miller and Mary E. Hotvedt, 2017 SWFWW co-chairs
We have received a grant from the New Mexico Humanities Council (NMHC) (grant no. 2542-1524-164 “Southwest Stories: The Word in the World”). Donations will help us to match the grant funds, as described in this downloadable document: sponsor-donor matching funds letter (PDF, 129KB)